[SLC - Medisoft Features & Benefits]
SLC Software Services will match Pricing on all Medisoft Software Products. Plus we will give you additional support services with your purchase.
Reduced A/R and Increase Revenue
Allows Practice to more efficiently collect a\on outstanding A/R
Helps accelerate revenue by sending statements on a user – defined schedule
Patient statement automatically generated based on insurance payment
Tracks insurance authorizations and notifies you when authorized visits have expired.
Manage Collections Efficiently
Provides work list for users to manage collection process
Users-defined payment plan list and tracking
Patient collection letters help improve case flow
Customize messages for patient statements
User-defined rejection codes and messages
Increase Staff Productivity
Edit claims directly from Quick Ledger
Quickly sort information by clicking on grid heading
View patient information from Office Hours, Patient Entry & Quick Ledger
Group (insurance Carriers for easier tracking and Reporting.
HIPAA Security Readiness
Helps ensure HIPAA Security compliance
Flexible, secure access management tools
User-based login and activity reports
Option to enable Database encryption
Older version of NDC Medisoft will NOT meet the new HIPAA security requirements that are going into effect April 2005.
Log Off automatically logs off any user that has been idle, which limits
unauthorized access to patient and provider information.
· Warns on Unapproved Codes feature - displays a warning when a procedure or diagnosis codes is not set up as HIPAA compliant code.
unique identifiers that may later be required by HIPAA. Identifiers
included are NPI, National
Provider Identification; EIN, Employer Identification Number; Patient
Identifier; and Health Plan.
features now implemented to allow a username and password.
New HIPAA Security features in Medisoft Patient Accounting version 10*
entries can no longer be purged from the program, which, is in compliance
with new HIPAA regulations.
auditing purposes, many more fields can be included in the Data Audit
Report, such as Chart number, billing numbers, other PHI information.
users can only be logged on one time per data set, which means if you are
logged in on one computer and try to log in on another computer using the
same data set , a message pops up. “You have to log out of the first
computer before you can log in on the second computer”.
requirements for valid login and password access to the program through
an expiration date to user login settings.
a security question to a user's security setup to help verify the user
when he or she cannot remember the password.
dictionaries have been implemented, in compliance with new HIPAA
regulations, to provide greater control over program security.
Advantage Database protection has been implemented. This means any
third-party software must be pre-approved by NDCHealth before it can
access the database. If you
are using a third party’s software that interfaces with Medisoft check
with that company to see if their software will run with the new Medisoft
can view estimated patient outstanding balances, insurance balance, and
total outstanding balances in the Patient and Appointment entry windows,
as well as in Quick Ledger (Advanced or Network Pro).
both Case entry and Patient entry windows at the same time to put more
information at your fingertips.
through a patient's cases to select the one you want, using the Case field
at the bottom right corner of the Case window.
an appointment is deleted, any superbill connected to that appointment is
also deleted (Advanced or Network Pro).
a claim number field to the display in Transaction Entry.
You can then change the status of the claim in the Charges grid.
is a new claim status option. Use
this status when a claim is unpaid and should go to collections for more
aggressive activities. See
the Collections section below. When
you change a claim's status to Challenge, an item is added to the
collections work list for the claim.
To change a claim's status, edit the claim in Claim Management,
Change Claim Status/Billing Method, or Transaction Entry.
Quick Ledger, click the View Open Items Only balances (Advanced or Network
a claim's status through Quick Ledger.
Edit the claim by double-clicking the transaction, which opens a
version of Transaction Entry (Advanced or Network Pro).
insurance carrier classes to improve reporting and create more accurate
search routines (Advanced or
a column heading in a grid to sort by that column. Initially, the table will sort in ascending order.
Clicking the heading a second time sorts in descending order.
This is a temporary sort. The
grids to which this applies are: Statement
Management, Claim Management, Quick Ledger, Patient List, Address List,
Billing Code List, Contact List, Diagnosis List, EDI Receiver List,
Insurance Carrier List, Insurance Class List, MultiLink Code List,
Procedure List, Patient Recall List, Provider List, and Referring Provider
List (Advanced or Network
Some columns cannot be sorted this way.
A message is displayed when those columns are clicked.
the work list to keep track of collection activities on an account that is
behind in payment.
help collect overdue balances, create collection letters.
collection letters to all patients with past due balances but you can
exclude patients with payment plans. If
payment plans are created.
your collection letter format by using the Collection Letter Wizard.
can now use a billing cycle to process statements.
user-defined case statement notes in either Case entry or the Case list.
claim rejection messages from EOBs and have them print on statements.
This can help patients understand why claims are rejected.
management reports now include estimated insurance balance, patient
balance, guarantor last payment amount, last patient payment date, and
last patient amount on statements
reports now give you options concerning records that don't have a
facility. By default, reports
which include this information pay no attention to the facility, but
include all records, regardless of the facility setting.
Generator —Tailor your Data Audit Reports to suit your needs using the
Audit Generator. The Audit
Generator lets you determine what is included in the report.
This feature is available to all versions of the program.
addition, new reports have been added to the program to assist in various
Report — Keep track of who is logging in and out of the program, how
often, when, and how many times the login is unsuccessful.
Permissions Report — Print a list of security permissions assigned in
the program and which users are assigned to each level of security
(Advanced or Network Pro).
List Report — Print a list of items directly from the Work List
(Advanced or Network Pro).
Letter Report — Print items from the Work List to help evaluate
collections. After printing
this report, you can print collection letters (Advanced or Network Pro).
Report — Print a list of
patients who have co-payment transactions, the amounts applied, and the
amounts left unapplied (Advanced or Network Pro).
Provider Report — You can
include payments in the Referring Provider report (Advanced or Network
Entity Type fields have been added to the Patient/Guarantor, Provider, and
EDI Receiver windows to facilitate the sending of electronic claims.
following fields were added to the EDI Receiver window:
Address tab--E-Mail and Web Address; Modem tab -- FTP Address and
FTP Port Number; ID and Extra tab -- File Path and File Name, as well as a
Group Practice check box.
StandardMedisoft Features in all versions
standard HCFA-1500 claims forms or customizes them as your own
and manages all your insurance claims
in accurate CPT and ICD-9 billing with Codes on Disk option
accurate payer demographic information with NDC Carrier Import option
with NDC Electronic Claims Processing for faster processing of claims,
remittance advice, and eligibility
accounting simplifies processing
all account information for each patient to be entered, accessed, tracked,
and retrieved on a single screen
books daily by using Patient Day Sheet
patient receivables with aging and account balance reports by provider
cases (episodes) in a patient’s account
Collections efficiency reduces accounts receivables
to NDC Statement Processing through the NDC Electronic Claims Processing
professional patient statements
NDCMedisoft Creates Great Management Reports
ledgers with all activity in a patient’s account.
statements for billing patients
day sheet report.
· Create customized reports and form letters with NDCMedisoft report designer.
Office Hours Appointment Scheduler
· Patient appointment software that uses the patient demographics from the main NDCMedisoft program.
NDC Medisoft is easy to use
for information using nineteen different data fields
Reduce your accounts receivable with Statement Management (Advanced or higher levels)
Improve reimbursement with the Encoder Pro option
Encoder Pro includes lay descriptions, HCPCS Annotations, and ICD-9 section notes that improve code selection and makes it easy for anyone - even beginner coders - select the correct code.
This tool will help you find corresponding cross codes for CPT 7 HCPCS Level II procedures. It also included a complete list of CPT & HCPCS Level II code modifiers.
Better manage your claims for improved reimbursement
Save time with improved data entry features
When entering notes,
Better analyze your business
Other new features
Medisoft Patient Accounting Version 8 includes new and improved features guaranteed to impress.
Improved Claim Management
Save On Insurance Forms
Better Searching Capabilities
Enhanced Electronic Services
Customize Your Screen
Medisoft Advanced Version 8 includes more advanced features than ever before!
New Transaction Entry
New and Improved Features
Medisoft for Networks (formerly Medisoft Multi-User) and Medisoft Network Professional (formerly Medisoft Client/Server) Version 8 will make your office more productive!
Medisoft for Networks
Medisoft for Networks allows 3 users on a Windows 98®or Windows® Me network to access your data files simultaneously. Networking your office with Medisoft for Networks reduces network-caused data corruption and improves the performance of Medisoft on a network.
Data Integrity Remains Secure
Medisoft for Networks uses the latest version of the Advantage™ Database Server. The Advantage™ Database Server receives a request from the client. It then processes the request and returns only the results to the client. By returning only the results over the network, there is little chance for data corruption.
Improve Performance On A Network
High network traffic slows down the transfer of data. This in turn slows down the response of your Medisoft program. Because the Advantage™ Database Server transfers less data, there is little network traffic, which improves the performance of Medisoft on a network.
Medisoft Network Professional
Medisoft Network Professional allows multiple users on a Windows® NT, Windows® 2000, or Windows® XP network to access your data files simultaneously. In addition to the benefits of networking your office, Medisoft Network Professional offers many new features not available in any other Medisoft program!
All New Features
· Auto Log Off automatically logs off any user that has been idle. This limits unauthorized access to patient and provider information.
· The Warn on Unapproved Codes feature displays a warning when a procedure or diagnosis code you have entered is not set up as HIPAA compliant.
· HIPAA unique identifiers that may later be required have been added to data set up for functions that may require HIPAA protection. These identifiers include National Provider Identification (NPI); Employer Identification Number (EIN); Patient Identifier; and Health Plan.
Improved Claim Management
· In Claim Management, select more than one claim to quickly change the status on multiple claims.
· Rebill timers help you automatically rebill any unpaid claim. You can generate a group of claims that may have been lost or misplaced by the insurance company during a specified time period without having to follow up on each claim individually.
· Save On Insurance Forms
· Print ink jet or laser HCFA-1500 forms with preformatted lines on plain paper.
Customize Your Screen
· Customize your toolbars. You can create new toolbars, add or remove buttons on a toolbar, move a toolbar, or create a side bar.
· Search on any indexed field—even multiple fields in some areas.
· List windows automatically updates to show new records entered without having to close and reopen the window.
· Search results show only those records that meet the search criteria.
· NdcMedisoft now has the option of assigning sequential chart numbers automatically. You can even select the beginning number.
· Let NdcMedisoft help you avoid duplicate patient entry. When you enter a new patient, NdcMedisoft will check to see if a chart with the same social security number already exists. If it does, it will warn you that it may be a duplicate patient.
· NdcMedisoft will automatically create a tax entry when you enter a taxable charge in Transaction Entry.
Are you sure you have the latest version of NdcMedisoft?
· Use the Online Update feature to automatically search for and download any free NdcMedisoft program.
NdcMedisoft Advanced & Network Professional Features
New Transaction Entry
· Enter transactions directly in the transaction grid. Each time you enter a transaction, it is automatically saved when you move to the next row to enter another transaction.
· Enter and view all types of transactions in one window – charges, payments, and adjustments.
· Customize your transaction entry grid. You decide what gets entered and in what order.
· View charge information for any transaction entered by clicking on the Charge tab. The Charge tab shows the responsible party, who was billed, and the amount that has been paid on that transaction.
New and Improved Features
· Print serialized super bills directly from NdcMedisoft. This allows you to track each super bill to ensure billing is complete and each encounter form is accounted for. You supply the starting number and NdcMedisoft serializes each document automatically. Those super bills can be tied to transactions so you will know that each one has been processed.
· Track your serialized super bills using NdcMedisoft new super bill tracking system. After you print a super bill for a patient, you can track whether or not charges on that super bill have been entered in Transaction Entry. If you have entered charges for a serialized super bill, then the program will mark it as billed. You can also print a Super bill Tracking Report that tells you whether or not a super bill has been billed.
· Design your own custom tab in the Patient/Guarantor window to include custom data entry fields. This information can be used to keep track of patient specific information not found in NdcMedisoft by default. The customized fields can also be used in specialized reports and forms, such as the UB-92 form. This feature replaces the old Custom Patient Data Screen.
NdcMedisoft Network Professional Features
· Track revenue generated for patients seen at different facilities with the Facility Report.
· The Patient Remainder Aging Report ages patient responsible remainder balances. You choose when aging begins – from the transaction date or the date of the first statement.
· The Patient Detail Remainder Aging Report shows aging information, as well as details on insurance payments.
· The Guarantor Quick Balance shows a summary of all remainder balances for a guarantor.
All New Features
· Create a treatment plan for insurance payment approval or for presenting treatment options for patients. Once a plan is approved or selected, it can be converted into billable transactions quickly and automatically in Transaction Entry.
· Design your own custom tab in the Case window to include custom case data entry fields. This information can be used to keep track of case-specific information not found in NdcMedisoft by default. The customized fields can also be used in specialized reports and forms, such as the UB-92 form.
· Design your own UB-92 form. Changes have been made to the Report Designer and a new field has been added to procedure entry for UB-92 compatibility.
Simplified Data Entry
· Save time in Insurance Carrier entry by setting defaults for the Patient, Insured, and Physician Signature on File fields.
· Set Program Options to use the Zip Code table. When enabled, the city and state will automatically fill in when you enter the zip code.
More Efficient Transaction Entry
· Select whether the transaction subtotals display. When selected, the Estimated Responsibility, Annual Deductible, Year-To-Date, and the Account Total are shown. When turned off, only the Account Total shows, which speeds up the time it takes for the Transaction Entry Window to display.
· Choose how you want transactions to sort — by Date From, Document, or Entry Number.
· Save time sifting through transactions by selecting Show Today Only.
· Reduce the loading time for the Transaction Entry window by deselecting Show Subtotals.
· Select diagnosis codes for each transaction to print in Box 24E of the HCFA-1500 claim form.
· Define in Program Options how to age accounts — by transaction date or by date of first statement.
· Define in Program Options which aging categories your office will use for patient and insurance aging.
· Assign an Insurance Withhold code type to procedure codes for insurance carriers that withhold a percentage of the payment until a later date.
· Export statements, claim forms, reports and lists to plain text files.
· Define when aging begins and which aging columns appear on statements and reports.
New Reports and Lists
· Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Aging Summary.
· Print patient statements with charges only.
· Print walkout receipts with charges only.
· Primary Claim Detail report summarizes the status of claims, date billed, insurance carrier billed, and the claim amount with transaction details.
· Primary Claim Summary report summarizes the status of claims, date billed, insurance carrier billed, and the claim amount.
· Place of Service and Date Created filters added to Practice Analysis.
· New version of the Report Designer includes the option to print title pages and new options for ledger style reports.
· The Contact Log list allows you to track conversations with insurance carriers, pharmacies, personal contacts, and others.
· The all, new Report Designer allows you to create ledger-style reports.
· Primary Claim reports summarize claim information. The Primary Claim Detail includes the transaction detail while the Primary Claim Summary includes only the claim.
More Electronic Options
· Send your claims electronically with NDC Electronic Claims Processing. Your claims will be checked for errors, which greatly reduces rejections and shortens payment times.
· Process your credit card transactions directly from within NdcMedisoft.
· Send your statements electronically with NDC Statement Processing. For a small per statement fee, Med Print will print, fold, and mail your standard and remainder statements. This saves you the hassle and cost associated with printing, postage, and mailing.
NdcMedisoft Advanced & Network Professional Features
NdcMedisoft Advanced Version 6 offers all of the above features plus many new, more powerful features for larger, busier offices.
Improved Remainder Statements
· Transaction detail remains on statements until all parties have paid when a date range is specified in the Data Selection Questions window. Previously, the transaction detail was summarized with “Previous Balance”.
· Transactions for cases not marked Accept Assignment will print on Remainder Statements. These statements will include a message stating payment is due from the guarantor because the benefits will be paid directly to the insured.
Enhanced Payment Application
· Displays payment and adjustment codes above the relevant columns.
· Displays primary, secondary, and tertiary carriers.
· Marks claims done automatically.
· Print secondary and tertiary claims directly from the Payment Application window.
· Print statements directly from the Payment Application and Quick Balance windows.
· Export a deposit list to Quicken® or Microsoft® Money.
· Claims are marked when complete.
· Define 5 permission levels for all operations for more security control.
· Print a Security Permissions Grid to quickly identify the permission levels for each staff member.
· Assign up to 5 different security levels.
NdcMedisoft Network Professional Only Features
· Insurance Payment Average Comparison.
· Production Reports detail procedures, expected payments and adjustments, and actual payments and adjustments. Available by provider, procedure, or insurance carrier, you can quickly identify the productivity of your office.
· Activity Reports detail charges, payments, adjustments, units, and the net effect on Accounts Receivable by day or by month. Activity reports are also available by provider, procedure, or insurance carrier.
· An Audit Report is now available by user to quickly identify who is making changes and/or deletions to your data.
· Production Reports detail expected and actual payments and adjustments by provider, procedure, or by insurance carrier.
· Activity Reports summarize charges, payments, adjustments, and units to show the effect on your office's accounts receivable.
All New Features
· Customize your toolbar by adding a button tot access any executable program on your computer.
· Store a photograph, video, or sound wave in a patient’s case to display each time a patient’s information is accessed.
· Send messages over the network to other users using NdcMedisoft Office Messenger.
· Photographs can be added to a patient's case to show in Patient Entry.
· NdcMedisoft Network Professional Version 6 is only available for Windows® NT or Novell® Netware networks.
If you are a current Medisoft user who would like to upgrade your product then download and print the Upgrade Product Order Form. Then complete the order form and fax to SLC at 513-922-4439
If you are a current Medisoft user who would like to upgrade your product then download and print the New Trade-in Value Product Order Form. Then complete the order form and fax to SLC at 513-922-4439
Please note: In keeping with industry standards, we will "NOT ACCEPT RETURNS" on software. However, if your product is damaged, we will happily replace it at no charge. Contact SLC Software Services sales for more information. 513-922-4303 or email at email@example.com
Note: All upgraded McKesson/Medisoft product requests require the submission of a VALID CURRENT SERIAL NUMBER that is registered to your practice. Software Upgrades will only be registered to the previously registered owner of the serial number being traded in.